Welcome to my global village!

Sharing with the readers my experiences through my travel, interaction with different cultures and my involvement through community work! Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

'Light Up Village' Project has finally become a reality

'Light Up Village' project that I was busy coordinating as an IWA (International Women's Association) member since August last year (2007) has finally become a reality. Three villages namely, Visoqo, Cawadevo and Nasovivi in Macuata Province have finally got light, thanks to funding provided by Canada Fund, GEF and International Women's Association. IWA supported Nasovivi village. It was a very good learning experince for me too, though Atul is a renewable energy expert and I do get a chance to learn things from him but doing a project gave me an opportunity to learn better. Atul and Jan were our energy experts for this project. Some pictures from these three villages.

Nasovivi village shown in the photo below:

No comments: